On November 23, the online meeting of the XX Coordination Council for Public Administration Reform was chaired by the Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Oleh Nemchinov. Together with representatives of ministries, the Parliament, government agencies, NGOs and the EU Delegation to Ukraine, the participants considered a number of critical issues for the implementation of the reform:
• legislative support of the civil service, including the resumption of safe competitions for civil service positions, the abolition of an article on political dismissals, the need to amend the Law of Ukraine "On Civil Service" in terms of job classification and remuneration, as well as the government bill on administrative procedure;
• reform in the field of "Administrative procedures, administrative services and e-government" in the framework of the implementation of the Public Administration Reform Strategy of Ukraine for the period up to 2021, which provides for:
- introduction of a general administrative procedure;
- decentralization of administrative services for registration of civil status, business and real estate;
- decentralization of administrative services for vehicle registration and issuance of driver's licenses;
- decentralization of administrative services for land registration;
- decentralization of administrative services of a social nature (including pensions provision);
- functioning of administrative service centers;
- simplification of procedures for the provision of administrative services, as well as the introduction of electronic services;
- functioning of the system of electronic interaction, the connection of registers to it, as well as the system of electronic identification and the system for electronic contracts;
• implementation of indicators required to receive EU budget support on the progress of 2020, in particular, we have a positive result with the service "eBaby", which has integrated 9 services and is already fully operational and with the connection of basic data exchange registers to the system "TREMBITA"; work continues on the introduction of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) at the civil service, we plan to adopt new Cabinet of Ministers Regulations that meet the recommendations of the OECD/SIGMA.
• preparation of reform priorities until 2025.
"This year is the last for the EU budget support. Therefore, in cooperation with the EU apart from implementing indicators and receiving budget support based on the results of this year, we are also planning a new budget support program. Tomorrow we will have a high-level political dialogue with the European Union. We are interested in continuing cooperation with the EU. That is why the legislative support of the civil service is of critical importance, in particular, the resumption of competitions for civil service positions, the abolition of the article on political dismissals," Oleh Nemchinov said.
According to him, the preparation of a new Strategy for Public Administration Reform until 2025 has begun. During the event, the primary analytical and expert developments in the main areas of the Strategy were considered. An important dialogue with colleagues from Parliament is ahead. After all, public administration reform is one of the priorities for Ukraine, and the ability of the state apparatus to make all the necessary changes and promote the development of the state depends on it. Work on the Strategy is to be completed by mid-2021.