In particular, the proposed changes to the State Budget for 2020 outline the directions into which the money can be spent from the COVID-19 Coronavirus Response Fund.
The bill submitted to the Verkhovna Rada on amendments to the Law of Ukraine "On the State Budget of Ukraine for 2020" contains a proposal to establish a Coronavirus Response Fund for the period of quarantine and within 30 days following the date of its termination. The total resource of the Fund will amount to UAH 64.7 billion.
The decision to allocate funding from the Fund will be taken by the Government in agreement with the line Committee of the Verkhovna Rada.
It is proposed to direct funds from the specified fund to the following:
• purchase of goods, works and services, including the purchase of medical services under the program of state guarantees for public health services;
• benefit payments to medical and other employees directly involved in COVID-19 liquidation measures;
• benefit payments to certain categories of workers providing vital activity of the country for the period of combating the spread of the disease;
• providing financial assistance to citizens, including the elderly, in connection with the negative effects of the spread of COVID-19;
• one-off financial assistance to members of the families of medical and other health care providers who died from COVID-19;
• transfers to the Pension Fund of Ukraine;
• financial assistance to the Social Insurance Fund and the Compulsory State Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine in case of unemployment;
• replenishment of the State Budget Reserve Fund;
• resuming of state budget expenditures (including transfers to local budgets) and provision of credits from the State Budget under budget programs cut in connection with the establishment of the COVID-19 Coronavirus Response Fund.