At an extraordinary meeting of the Government on April 24, the Resolution “On allocation of funds for providing financial assistance in case of unemployment to the Compulsory State Social Insurance Fund of Ukraine” was approved.
Thus, there was allotted UAH 6 billion to the Fund and approved the procedure for using the aforesaid funding.
The allotted resource will be directed to the following payments:
• unemployment assistance - UAH 1.277 billion
• raising the minimum amount of unemployment benefit from UAH 650 up to UAH 1000;
• assistance to those on voluntary resignation starting from day 1, instead of starting from the 91-st day as it was before;
• payment to all unemployed from the 1-st day of registration, not from the 7-th as it was before;
• partial unemployment assistance - UAH 4.723 billion
• payments to small and medium-sized enterprises for the quarantine period to cover wage costs for workers for whom working hours have been cut.
“The adopted resolution under which the allocating of a UAH 6 billion funding was stipulated will allow us to address two of our key goals. The first is to provide real help to those people who, unfortunately, have already lost their jobs. And the second is to help employers pay their employees' salaries and thus prevent dismissal, save jobs,” said Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture Ihor Petrashko.