Restrictions on the entry of foreign citizens into the territory of Ukraine will be put in place starting from 00:00 on August 28 to 00:00 on September 28.
The Government at an extraordinary meeting on August 27 amended the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of July 22, 2020 №641 "On the introduction of quarantine and the stepping up anti-epidemic measures in the area with a significant spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS -CoV-2"
It was also decided to annul as unimplemented the resolution on amendments to Resolution №641, adopted on August 26.
In order to prevent the spread of the second wave of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 on the territory of Ukraine, there was made a decision to introduce temporary restrictions on entry into Ukraine for foreigners.
At the same time, certain categories of foreign citizens will have the right to enter the territory of Ukraine during the period of temporary restrictions. Also, in accordance with Ukrainian legislation, the Head of the State Border Guard Service may make additional decisions on the controlled passage of foreigners across the state border.
According to the Government decision the following categories of foreign citizens are not subject to the ban on entry to Ukraine:
- persons who are spouses or children of Ukrainian citizens;
- persons who have an official valid work permit in Ukraine;
- technical specialists who arrive in Ukraine at the invitation of representatives of Ukrainian enterprises;
- transit passengers who have documents confirming departure abroad within two days;
- person who arrive in the country for training purposes;
- persons who are serving in the Armed Forces;
- persons who have permanent or temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- persons who are heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations, as well as persons accompanying them and entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada, the Cabinet of Ministers, the Office of the President, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- persons who are drivers and / or crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft, ships and river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
- cultural figures who arrive at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
- persons who arrive to participate in official sports competitions held in Ukraine, and accompanying persons;
- persons who carry out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- persons who arrive for treatment in health care institutions of Ukraine.
These categories of foreign nationals must have an insurance policy to cover possible costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine).
The following categories of foreigners will also be able to enter the territory of Ukraine:
- persons who are recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection;
- persons who are diplomats, employees of consular posts, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families or are persons who arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- persons who are instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who take part in training events for units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defence.