Today, April 7, the Government has endorsed a resolution that expands state support for agricultural producers to 2021, supplementing it with six new programs. This decision was made in the framework of the implementation of the Law of Ukraine on the functioning of the State Agrarian Register and the improvement of state support for farmers.
"In close dialogue with agricultural associations and businesses, we have developed new support mechanisms that will help solve pressing problems of farmers. These are, for example, drought, high risks, low asset circulation, low profitability of growing certain kinds of crops. The new programs will allow to ensure the stability of farmers and increase in production. This, in turn, will improve the food security of the state and the availability of goods for the final consumer," commented the Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine Ihor Petrashko.
Among the new programs to support agriculture are as follows:
· State support for insurance of agricultural products;
· Compensation for losses from damage to crops due to man-made and natural emergencies;
· State support for agricultural producers who use reclaimed lands;
· State support for producers of organic agricultural products;
· State support for potato producers;
· State support for agricultural producers by allocating budget subsidies per unit of cultivated land (buckwheat).
"The state shall compensate farmers for the losses they suffered last year due to extreme weather conditions. We also introduce agricultural insurance to further protect producers against possible financial losses. Plus, we add programs that are aimed at strengthening industry production, in particular, of buckwheat and potatoes, to saturate the domestic market with products of domestic origin and stabilize the price situation in the country," added Ihor Petrashko.