• Українською
  • Flood victims in temporarily occupied areas of Kherson region can receive one-off financial assistance if they move to government-controlled territory

    Flood victims in the temporarily occupied territories of Kherson region will be able to receive a one-off financial allowance if they move to government-controlled territory. This was announced by Iryna Vereshchuk, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, on the Inter TV channel.

    According to Iryna Vereshchuk, this is a one-off financial allowance of UAH 5,000 from the Government of Ukraine and UAH 6,600 from the International Organisation for Migration. The aid is intended for residents affected by the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant dam blow-up.

    The Deputy Prime Minister stressed that residents who had moved from the flooded areas of the temporarily occupied territory to the government-controlled territory since 6 June were also eligible for such allowances.

    “People evacuated from the left bank areas of Kherson region can also expect such payments. For example, the residents of Oleshky, Hola Prystan, etc. They will receive UAH 5,000 and UAH 6,600, just like everyone else in the Ukrainian government-controlled territory. Those who leave the temporarily occupied territory later will also have this right. At the moment we know that people have started to leave the temporarily occupied territories en masse. They are looking for every way and opportunity to do so. In fact, we are waiting for them, and all of them will be eligible for such assistance,” concluded Iryna Vereshchuk.