The Ministry for Strategic Industries of Ukraine, taking into account the proposals submitted by the State Space Agency of Ukraine, has developed and submitted for approval to the concerned state bodies a draft order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On approval of the Action Plan for Ukraine's integration into the European Space Agency".
The act was drafted to implement step 135 of the Government's Priority Action Plan for 2021, approved by order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 24.03.2021 № 276-p, as well as Article 373 of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, on the other hand. And also to fulfill the objective of the 1917 Action Plan for the implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, on the other hand, approved by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 25.10.2017 № 1106.
The purpose of the draft order is to determine the joint actions of the executive branch of Ukraine in achieving the goal of Ukraine's membership in the European Space Agency (ESA).
An Action Plan for Ukraine's integration into the European Space Agency of Ukraine is aimed at implementing all components of ESA membership, namely the following tasks:
• ensuring the negotiation process with ESA to expand cooperation at this stage;
• building the image of Ukraine as an active partner of ESA, the EU and Member States and States associated with ESA in the implementation of projects in the field of space activities;
• approximation of Ukrainian and EU legislation in the field of space activities and project implementation procedures;
• preparation for the conclusion of the Agreement of the state cooperating with ESA;
• preparation for Ukraine's membership in ESA.
The coordinated work of the state authorities of Ukraine to achieve the goal of Ukraine's membership in ESA will facilitate Ukraine's entry into the European market of space technologies and services.
Ukraine's accession to ESA will give impetus to the development of space science and technology in Ukraine, will allow it to join leading European space missions, will allow Ukrainian companies to participate in ESA programs and projects, while Ukraine - to use the final products of these programs and projects.