On August 1, the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of July 22, 2020 №641 "On the introduction of quarantine and the stepping up anti-epidemic measures in the area with a significant spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by coronavirus SARS -CoV-2" comes into force.
According to the document, adaptive quarantine in Ukraine has been extended until August 31, 2020.
Depending on the epidemiological situation, all regions will be divided into several zones: green, yellow, orange and red according to the level of epidemic risk of COVID-19 spread.
Green zone envisages:
- stay in public buildings in masks or respirators;
- holding mass events: no more than 1 person per 5 square meters;
- cinemas with 50% occupancy;
- transportation of passengers only within the seating capacity.
Yellow zone (+ green zone restrictions) prohibitions include:
- visits to social protection institutions where the elderly are staying, except for those that provide services in critical situations.
Orange zone (+ yellow zone restrictions) prohibitions include:
- operation of accommodation establishments (hostels, tourist bases, etc.), except hotels;
- operation of entertainment facilities, restaurants at night;
- scheduled hospitalizations;
- gyms, fitness centers, cultural institutions;
- new shifts in children's camps;
- restrictions for public events: 1 person per 20 square meters and no more than 100 people.
Red zone (+ orange zone restriction) prohibitions include:
- operation of public transport;
- visiting educational institutions;
- activities of shopping malls, cafes and restaurants.
Border crossing: from the countries in the "green zone" - only a certificate of insurance is required. For countries in the "red zone" - you need a certificate of insurance + self-isolation for 14 days or PCR testing.
- A region with a high prevalence of COVID-19 is a region in which one of the following features is present:
1. Bed occupancy in health facilities designated for the hospitalization of patients with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is more than 50 percent;
2. The average number of PCR and ELISA testing is less than 24 per 100,000 population in the last seven days;
3. A coefficient of detection of cases of COVID-19 infection is more than 11 percent;
4. The COVID-19 infections growth rate is more than 10 percent;
5. The indicator of dynamics of growth of COVID-19 infection cases is applied in case of registration of more than 8 cases per 100,000 population in total for the last seven days.
- Intensification of anti-epidemic measures is either introduced or terminated in each particular region on the basis of a decision of the regional commission on technogenic and environmental safety and emergencies, which is adopted at the request of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the region.
- The transition of the region from one zone to another is possible if 5 days in a row there are changes in one of the defined indicators. Restrictions will apply at all levels, including "green zone". Mandatory requirements include wearing face masks in public places, holding mass events only on condition of no more than 1 person per 5 square meters, occupancy of cinemas - no more than 50%, transportation of passengers only in seats. The strictest quarantine measures will apply in the "red zone".
- From September 1, 2020, all schools will open in Ukraine. However, if the epidemiological situation in the district does not meet the requirements of the Ministry of Health, educational institutions will be forced to close for quarantine. Schools will be closed only in areas of the "red zone" - where the incidence of severe acute respiratory syndrome is high.
- In Ukraine, the gradual involvement of spectators in football matches will begin under the conditions of compliance with a number of quarantine requirements. The main requirements are as follows: filling the sectors of the stadium with spectators by no more than 25 percent, maintaining social distance, ensuring the availability of disinfectants in stadiums, conducting temperature screening at the entrance.