The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at an extraordinary meeting on September 14, 2020, approved the draft State Budget for 2021.
The main indicators of the draft State Budget for 2021 are as follows:
GDP - UAH 4.5 trillion;
GDP growth is expected at 4.6%;
Revenues are planned at the level of UAH 1,071 billion (+ UAH 92.3 billion to the 2020 plan);
Expenditures are planned at the level of UAH 1,350 billion;
Average monthly salary – UAH 13,600;
Consumer inflation - 7.3%;
Public debt to GDP - 64.6%.
The main figures of the draft State Budget for 2021:
Security and defense expenditures - UAH 267 billion (+ UAH 21 billion to the plan with changes for 2020):
- Salaries to military and law enforcement officers – UAH 131 billion (+ UAH 8,3 billion).
Expenditures on education - UAH 174 billion (+34 billion to the 2020 plan):
- For additional payments of salaries to teachers + UAH 21.2 billion (an increase in salaries by 30%).
Expenditures on healthcare sector - UAH 156 billion (+ UAH 27.5 billion):
- It is envisaged to increase the salaries of medical personnel by 30%;
- The sum worth UAH 123.4 billion is planned for the program of medical guarantees;
- To combat coronavirus in the medical sector – UAH 19.4 billion (of which UAH 2.6 billion for vaccination).
Expenditures on social protection of the population - UAH 324 billion (+7.5 billion to the 2020 plan):
- Expenditures for the Pension Fund to the tune of UAH 204 billion;
- Assistance to pensioners aged 75+ - UAH 2.4 billion.
Great Construction Program (road infrastructure development) - UAH 150 billion (+ UAH 20.7 billion).
Increase in the minimum wage to UAH 6,000 from January 1, 2021, and from July 1 to UAH 6,500 (+ UAH 41.4 billion).
Small and medium-sized business support programs - UAH 12 billion:
- UAH 10 billion is planned to allocate for the implementation of the portfolio guarantee program;
- to compensate interest on loans for micro and small businesses - UAH 2 billion.
Financial support of the regions (SRDF) - UAH 9.4 billion (+4.5 billion to the 2020 plan).
Expenditures on culture – UAH 7.5 billion (+2.8 billion to the 2020 plan).
Expenditures on the sports sector - UAH 7.4 billion (increased 2.7 times compared to the 2020 plan).
To support the coal industry - UAH 4.5 billion.
To support farmers - UAH 4.2 billion.
Digitalization of industries - UAH 2.9 billion.
Purchase of 100 passenger cars for the railway - UAH 3.3 billion.