State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving Head Serhii Savchuk and GIZ representatives discussed the achievements and plans for a close partnership between Ukraine and Germany in the field of energy efficiency.
Serhii Savchuk told that the State Agency for Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving highly appreciates the support of the Government of Germany and GIZ to promote the development of energy efficiency in various sectors of the Ukrainian economy.
Thus, within the framework of the Energy Efficiency Reform in Ukraine Project, with the expert assistance of GIZ, there are a number of joint solutions, in particular:
- recommendations for the implementation of the Directive 2012/27/EU into Ukrainian law have been prepared;
- energy efficiency digital platform launched;
- the first inventory list of buildings of government authorities in the framework of fulfillment of obligations under Article 5 of Directive 2012/27/EU prepared;
- with the help of expert and technical assistance the Concept and Action Plan for the introduction of the green bond market in Ukraine developed;
- Ukraine's first 3 Networks of Energy Efficient Enterprises established;
- the Concept of promotion of energy waste disposal in Ukraine developed;
- Ukraine's first UAMAP Interactive Investment Map (www.uamap.org.ua) with over 100 potential green projects worth over € 4 billion launched;
- joint information, training events organized etc.
In order to ensure further development of the field of energy efficiency in line with the best European practices, including Germany, we plan to continue cooperation.
In particular, within the framework of the new GIZ module "Promoting Energy Efficiency and Implementing the EU Directive in Ukraine" the focus is intended to place on the following areas:
- practical implementation of Directive 2012/27/EU, in particular Articles 4, 5, 8, and development of relevant by-laws and plans for their implementation;
- strengthening cooperation with local authorities and communities to stimulate the introduction of energy management systems in the budget sector, as well as effective energy efficiency programs;
- professional education in the field of energy efficiency (training of highly qualified personnel).
“Once again, I express gratitude to the GIZ experts for fruitful cooperation. There are a lot of new initiatives ahead!” summed up Serhii Savchuk.