The Technogenic-Environmental Safety and Emergency Situations (TESES) headquarters of all levels will be transferred to the round-the-clock regime. This was announced by Vice Prime Minister/ Minister of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine Hennadii Zubko.
On his page in FB he wrote, "Due to the weather deterioration and storm warning, with the decision of the TESES Commission I have commissioned the following: Heads of Regional State Administrations and Kyiv City State Administration, Ukravtodor, Ukrtansbezpeka, National Police, and State Emergency Service (SES) to transfer to 24/7 regime the operation of the headquarters of all levels during the period of weather deterioration. At that, it is necessary to ensure:
- monitoring of the situation, timely involvement of the necessary forces and means, the organization of interaction in countering threats;
- coordination of the authorities, by establishing interregional cooperation on the management of traffic flows in case of the introduction of traffic restrictions in adjacent regions;
- the involvement in the required amount of snow-clearing and other equipment, and also the use of reserve snow-clearing equipment from contracting organizations;
- informing the population, drivers and carriers through the mass media about the expected complications of weather conditions and observing safety precautions;
- advance traffic restrictions, including passenger transportation. At that, to direct vehicles in bypass or to parking sites;
- organization of work of stationary and mobile warming points to provide assistance to the population and traffic participants;
- stable functioning of life support systems, focusing on gas, heat, electricity and water supply facilities.
- to maintain the necessary amount of patrolling brigades to control the traffic in order to prevent traffic congestion and the work of road enterprises to clear motor roads;
- to establish control over the observance by drivers of the regimes of traffic restriction and observance of traffic rules.
SES and National Guards:
- to ensure the operation of heavy engineering and snow-clearing equipment, necessary machinery to ensure the passability of roads, mobile warming points and their timely engagement to assist traffic participants in case of traffic congestion."