Last week in Warsaw, the 5th meeting of the Polish-Ukrainian Council of Youth Exchange was held, where the results of 2017 were summed up.
In 2017, the Ukrainian-Polish Council of Youth Exchange Council supported 8 project financed to the tune of 1 million hryvnias by the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, 226 participants took part in the said projects.
The promising areas of Ukrainian-Polish youth exchange for 2018 are the following:
- Strengthening intercultural dialogue by creating conditions for openness and tolerance among young people;
- getting the skills necessary for active participation in public and professional activities;
- deepening cooperation and the exchange of experience in the field of technical and specialized education;
- support of civic activity among youth, including promotion of entrepreneurship and volunteering;
- study of the common past, the struggle against biases and stereotypes in the understanding of the common history and in modern relations.
In the course of the meeting there was taken a decision on an announcement of competition for projects within the framework of the Council, which contains a number of innovations and updates, compared with the conditions of the competition last year.
It is noteworthy that funding for the implementation of projects within the framework of the the Polish-Ukrainian Council of Youth Exchange has been increased threefold and will make up a sum worth 3 million hryvnias.
The Government of Poland allocated 3.8.million złoty to support the projects of Polish-Ukrainian youth exchange.