During the visit of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy to the United States of America, the First Deputy Prime Minister - Minister of Economy of Ukraine Oleksiy Lyubchenko held a series of meetings from all spheres of the economic block. In addition to events with the participation of the President, talks were held with government officials, business representatives and financial institutions on important economic issues.
"The timeline of the visit was rather hectic and we managed to reach key agreements in the economic sector. We are moving in several directions - intensifying work with U.S. government agencies in the development of bilateral trade and economic relations, the implementation of joint projects in the field of energy, infrastructure, agriculture and more. We are also deepening cooperation in the field of tax information exchange. Priorities and further steps have been identified with banks. The next meetings will take place in September. We also had meetings with representatives of business circles, who were presented with opportunities and advantages of Ukraine for investment, implementation of joint projects," Oleksiy Lyubchenko summed up.
The main events with the participation of the First Deputy Prime Minister - Minister of Economy of Ukraine Oleksiy Lyubchenko were as follows:
- Meeting with U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai and co-chairs of the Ukrainian-American Trade and Investment Council.
- Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine and the Export-Import Bank of the United States of America.
- Meeting with Anna Bjerde, World Bank Vice President for Europe and Central Asia, during which there were discussed the current World Bank project portfolio in Ukraine and future priorities.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between the Government of Ukraine and the Government of the United States of America on commercial cooperation with the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo.
- Meeting with IRS Commissioner (Head) Charles Rettig.
- Energy projects were discussed with Chief Operating Officer of the United States International Development Finance Corporation Dave Marchick.
- During the meeting with the leadership of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, the parties discussed further cooperation with the IMF, joint technical assistance programs, continuation of sanctions, etc.
- With the U.S. Deputy Under Secretary for Trade and Foreign Agricultural Affairs Jason Hafemeister, the parties talked about increasing the efficiency of agriculture.
- Meeting with Mark Feierstein, Principal Adviser to the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as representatives of the Bureau for Europe and Eurasia.