Today, with the participation of the Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers Oleh Nemchinov, the Government Contact Center signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with the Praxis Center (Estonia).
According to the signed document, the parties undertake to jointly develop the modernization of the current government hotline of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, ensuring efficiency and convenience and relying on the experience of the crisis hotline in Estonia - to exchange information between government and the public.
Objectives of cooperation under the Memorandum are as follows:
- Ukrainians quickly receive information about the crisis and current dangers;
- help to cope with crises more effectively and reduce the damage as a result of the crises, as the population of Ukraine is better aware of the dangers;
- help prevent misinformation and panic among the population of Ukraine;
- to help harmonize the messages of various state bodies of Ukraine in case of crisis (prevents the possibility of contradictory notifications);
- help public authorities responsible for crisis management to obtain important additional information about the crisis (eyewitness information);
- help increase trust in the state (represent the state and its various institutions by transmitting messages and information).
In the framework of the memorandum the following areas of cooperation have been determined:
- exchange of experience and promotion of operative exchange of information on the functioning of the government hotline, which is provided by the Center around the clock, and the crisis telephone hotline, which is provided by the Alarm Center of the Republic of Estonia;
- if possible and on the basis of availability - acquaintance with the protocols of the crisis telephone hotline of the Republic of Estonia and other regulatory documents of its activities;
- if it is possible to get acquainted with IT solutions of the crisis telephone hotline of the Republic of Estonia;
- Improving the Center's processes for the prompt provision of advisory assistance on issues of public interest in crisis situations.
"Such cooperation will undoubtedly help to increase the efficiency of the activities of the government hotline and ensure a rapid crisis response to requests from citizens," said Oleh Nemchinov.