Today, February 19, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine at its meeting defined 8 main directions to which in 2020 a state support worth 4 billion UAH under the program "Financial Support to Agricultural Producers" will be allocated.
"UAH 4 billion of state support for agricultural producers in 2020 will be directed to the most priority areas for agricultural producers - cheaper loans, compensation the purchase of agricultural machinery of Ukrainian production and others. Later, we plan to add cheaper loans for the purchase of agricultural land, but for this purpose, the Verkhovna Rada should support the relevant draft law," Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk commented.
"The adoption of the resolution officially approves the support areas for farmers in 2020. After wrapping up consultations with the line associations, we have identified those areas that are, on the one hand, overriding and cost-effective for the agricultural sector and, on the other, respond to the requests of the agricultural producers," Taras Vysotsky, Deputy Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture. commented on the Government's decision.
The resolution, in particular, stipulates for:
- state support for the development of livestock and the processing of agricultural products;
- financial support for the development of farms;
- partial compensation of the cost of agricultural machinery and equipment for domestic production;
- financial support for measures in the agro-industrial complex through cheaper loans;
- financial support for the development of horticulture, viticulture and hop production;
- allocation of additional financial support to family farms through a co-payment mechanism for the benefit of insured persons - members/heads of the family farm as a single contribution to compulsory state social insurance.
Distribution of the funds to each direction will be made in accordance with the internal order of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture.