According to Denys Shmyhal, Ukraine's European integration aspirations must be implemented through concrete steps and initiatives.
The Prime Minister issued this statement during a regular Government session on September 2. On the outcomes of the meeting, the Cabinet of Ministers approved draft agreements to strengthen cooperation between Ukraine and the European Union.
The issues at stake are the following:
- EU support in the recovery of the Ukrainian economy;
- EU support in the judiciary reform and the development of the rule of law;
- Cooperation with European partners in the field of nuclear safety.
"These agreements are targeted at implementing the program of our Government to expand the amount of assistance provided to Ukraine under the EU financial instruments," Denys Shmyhal said.
The Prime Minister dwelled on that speeding up Ukraine’s integration into the European Union and its rules is a priority of the Government. To do this, it is necessary to strengthen the coordination of various authorities and branches of government. Therefore, the Cabinet of Ministers approved three working groups:
- Interdepartmental working group on the European Green Deal project;
- Commission on Interaction of Authorities to Ensure Equal Rights and Opportunities for Women and Men;
- Commission for the Implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union.
"Presently, we are proceeding according to schedule in many sectors for the implementation of this Agreement, in some, there is a risk of lagging behind. The establishment of such interagency groups will give us the opportunity to stay on schedule for the implementation of our roadmap to the Association Agreement with the European Union. I will personally control this filed. "Because the words 'Ukraine is Europe' must be not only words but also put into practice through concrete initiatives and reforms of our Government," Denys Shmyhal stressed.
The Prime Minister added that by the end of the year the Government plans to submit to the Verkhovna Rada about 30 draft laws related to the European integration.