According to the preliminary data for the 5 months of 2021, there was spent UAH 19.5 billion for the fight against COVID-19, in particular for the following purposes:
- payment to health care institutions for services provided for inpatient medical care and vaccination of the population under the program of medical guarantees - UAH 8.3 billion;
- to purchase COVID-19 vaccines - UAH 6.7 billion;
- to purchase the goods and services to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (except for vaccines) - UAH 1.4 billion, including UAH 1 billion from local budgets;
- subventions to provide hospitals with oxygen - UAH 0.4 billion;
- measures for social support of the population in quarantine conditions - UAH 1.6 billion;
- payment of financial security in connection with a temporary disability - UAH 0.4 billion;
- payment of unemployment benefits - UAH 0.7 billion.
More than UAH 33 billion was provided for the fight against COVID-19 in 2021.