The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, at its extraordinary meeting on June 12, has endorsed the Resolution on approval of the Government Action Program and recognized as invalid the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of April 2, 2020, №270, which approved the previous draft program.
The Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal, during the discussion of the draft Program at the Government session, stressed that the draft is to be submitted to the Verkhovna Rada today. “The elaborated draft of the Government Action Program was worked out in synergy with the Parliamentary committees. The election programs of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the Servant of the People Party, the Presidential Decrees, the solutions of the Cabinet of Ministers, and the joint work of the committees of the Verkhovna Rada were used as a guide. The document is well-structured and encompasses all vectors of the country's development," the Head of Government recalled.
The program of the Cabinet of Ministers is a roadmap, the Government's response to a number of problems facing our country in the short term, as well as an action plan for the medium and long term.
The Program encapsulates the continuation of Ukraine’s path towards European integration by strengthening the course of cooperation within the Eastern Partnership and ensuring Ukraine's compliance with the EU membership criteria, updating the provisions of the Association Agreement, as well as implementing certain NATO technical and administrative standards.
The Program envisages that the Government will continue digitizing public services. In particular, it is planned to introduce at least 200 public services available online. The Program also contains a number of measures designed to ensure reintegration of the temporarily occupied territories.
The financial and economic section of the Program encompasses the continuation of measures aimed to support the national producer and the development and implementation of incentives for business development in Ukraine.
In particular, line ministries should work along the following directions:
- increase in the number of employees in small and medium enterprises,
- average annual growth of at least by 5%,
- increase in the share of exports of goods to the European Union in total exports of goods,
- transition from export-oriented to technological production,
- transparent privatization of state-run enterprises,
- increase in the number of registered farms, including family farms, by attracting financial resources to carry out their economic activities,
- formation of 10% of Ukraine's gross domestic product by the IT industry,
- providing funding for the security and defense sector at the level of at least 5% of the planned GDP,
- optimization of the structure and number of tax authorities, and in other areas.
The social section of the Government program focuses on the following key tasks:
- annual recalculation of retirement payments for 11 million pensioners,
- simplification of subsidies allocation procedure,
- increase in the number of medical rehabilitation centres that provide services on the principle of "money follows a person" by 10%,
- increase in the volume of assistance to more than 32,000 caretakers (trustees) of 43,000 orphans and children deprived of parental care, etc.
"As a result of the implementation of all Government incentives, we plan to improve the well-being of Ukrainians. Social living standards will increase, regardless of the place of residence and social status. This is an overriding goal in our work for the Government," Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal commented on the content of the Program.