It is necessary to conduct an inventory of housing stocks to determine the premises where IDPs can live. This topic was discussed during a meeting of the Coordination Headquarters for IDPs chaired by Iryna Vereshchuk, Deputy Prime Minister - Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine.
Currently, a working group has been set up under the Temporary Special Commission of the Verkhovna Rada to address IDPs' housing issues.
The focus of its work is, in particular
- developing a strategy for providing IDPs with housing;
- creation of temporary housing funds for IDPs;
- conducting a systematic audit and inventory of all potentially habitable premises;
- determining the state of use of each facility;
- calculating the cost of bringing each object to a proper living condition.
Moreover, the working group shall work on developing and introducing mechanisms for raising funds from international partners and the construction business to promptly resolve the housing issue for IDPs.
The Deputy Prime Minister emphasised that housing for IDPs should become one of the priority areas of work for all responsible agencies and thanked MPs for their cooperation in resolving this issue.