The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine has approved the distribution of the subvention for the development of sports infrastructure among local budgets. The total amount of the subvention from the state budget to local budgets for the development of sports infrastructure makes up UAH 800 million. This was announced by Minister of Youth and Sports Vadym Hutzayt.
"Multifunctional sports complexes, swimming pools, ice arenas, sports palaces were selected by the commission of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, which also comprises MPs of Ukraine. Selected projects include sports facilities that will be reconstructed or built. All complexes are designed for all-Ukrainian and international competitions, training camps for national teams in at least five Olympic sports, as well as for mass sports," said Vadym Hutzayt.
It is noted that the facilities are planned to be commissioned in 2021-2023:
- Dnipropetrovsk region: Reconstruction of the sports complex "Metallurg" of the municipal out-of-school educational institution "Children's and youth sports school № 1" of the Kryvyy Rih city council on Metallurg Avenue, 5 in Kryvyy Rih, Dnipropetrovsk region, 50006;
- Donetsk region: Reconstruction with the improvement of the territory of the swimming pool "Neptune" at the address: Academician Amosov Street, 2a in the Kalmius district of Mariupol;
- Zaporizhia region: Construction of a health center with an ice arena on Bohdan Khmelnytskyy Avenue, 46/9, Melitopol;
- Kirovohrad region: Reconstruction of the municipal institution "Regional specialized children's and youth school of the Olympic reserve-2" in Academician Tamma Street, 2, Kropyvnytskyy;
- Poltava region: Construction of a sports and entertainment complex with public service facilities in Yurchenko Str., 1a in Poltava;
- Rivne region: Construction of a universal sports hall of the sports complex of the municipal institution "Regional specialized children's and youth school of the Olympic reserve" of Rivne regional council on the territory of Shpaniv village council (near Makarov street, Rivne);
- Sumy region: Construction of a sports and recreation complex in Koenig Str. in Trostyanets "H2O-Maxi";
- Ternopil region: Construction of a multifunctional Sports Palace on 3a Zluky Avenue in Ternopil;
- Kherson region: Construction of the Center for Olympic Sports "H2O Nova Kakhovka" on Dniprovsky Avenue, 18-a in Nova Kakhovka;
- Khmelnytsky region: Construction of the Palace of Sports in Pribuzka Str., 5/1 and in the city of Khmelnytsky;
- Cherkasy region: Construction of a multifunctional sports complex in Kyzyl Andriy Street, 12 in Uman.