The Cabinet of Ministers has adopted a resolution stipulating for a mechanism for carrying out the recalculation of pensions, establishing a monthly compensation payment for pensioners over 80 and payment of one-off assistance in the amount of UAH 1,000.
The corresponding decision was made today, April 1, at a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The Regulation on "The issues of raising pension benefits and providing social support to certain categories of population in 2020", in particular, provides for the following:
- indexation of pensions by 11%;
- monthly payment of UAH 500 to pensioners over 80 with a pension not exceeding UAH 9,205. At that, the document reads that for the mentioned category of pensioners with the pension insurance record of 20 years for women and 25 years for men the pension payment cannot be under UAH 2,600;
- setting a minimum pension payment at the level of UAH 2,100 for persons with long seniority (30 years for women and 35 years for men).
In addition, a one-off payment worth UAH 1,000 to certain categories of the population will be made in April. In particular for the following categories:
- pensioners whose pension amount does not exceed UAH 5,000 taking into account the allowances, increases, additional pensions, targeted financial assistance, pension indexation sums, monthly compensation in case of breadwinner's loss as a result of the Chornobyl disaster, and other pension supplements set forth under the law as of 1 April 2020;
- recipients of state social assistance to persons with disabilities from childhood and children with disabilities (except for persons with disabilities from childhood and children with disabilities who simultaneously receive another pension due to the loss of a breadwinner or state social assistance for a child of a deceased breadwinner envisaged by the Law of Ukraine "On state social assistance to persons who are not eligible for pension and persons with disabilities");
- recipients of state social assistance to persons who are not eligible for pension and persons with disabilities;
- recipients of temporary state social assistance to a non-working person who has reached the general retirement age but has not acquired the right to pension payment.