It is extremely important for me to complete the Okhmatdyt Children's Hospital. This is a matter of honor. Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said during his visit to the construction of the second stage of the National Children's Specialized Hospital Okhmatdyt.
"I could not tolerate the fact that the Okhmatdyt hospital was abandoned, without windows and doors, filled with water. Ukrainian children need highly skilled personnel to get help, and I'm glad that the hospital is working. Now our objective is to complete the construction of the second stage, provide all the necessary equipment and open it. Ukrainian children have to receive high-quality medical help in Ukraine", said Volodymyr Groysman.
The PM also noted that due to the reform of decentralization, local authorities had obtained additional resources to upgrade medical institutions within their scope of responsibility.
"Every hospital in the country has a responsible authority. As a rule, those are the local authorities. We have introduced decentralization, and local budgets have grown fourfold - from UAH 70 billion in 2014 to UAH 270 billion in 2019. I urge the local leaders to repair all the hospitals they are responsible for, because the funds are now available", the Head of Government stressed.
The construction of the new medical referral complex NCSH Okhmatdyt began in 2011, but since 2013 it was terminated. In 2016, the Government of Volodymyr Groysman restored construction.
In 2018, equipment was installed and the 1st stage of the referral complex of the Okhmatdyt hospital was opened.
Thousands of diagnostic studies on modern equipment (MRT, ultrasound, X-ray apparatus) were performed during the year of work. More than 100 oncology children were treated with a linear accelerator, more than 5,000 donors were invited.
Construction of a new referral facility will allow:
- a fourfold increase in the number of procedures for bone marrow transplantation and introduction of a transcranial direct current stimulation method from unrelated donors;
- a twofold increase in the capacity of the emergency medical center up to 450 patients per day;
- creating comfortable conditions for the joint stay of parents with children;
- 100% coverage with modern diagnostics, including radioisotope, for children suffering from various disorders;
- a twofold increase in the number of surgeries, and accordingly, of procedures (currently their amount is over 10,000).