Together with business and the public, the Ministry of Infrastructure is working on a strategy for the development of the automotive industry in Ukraine, which provides incentives for domestic production of electric cars. Today, October 30, Minister of Infrastructure Vladyslav Kryklii chaired a meeting of the Working Group on the Development of Electric Transport to discuss the draft strategy.
The event was also attended by representatives of the Reform Support Office at the Ministry of Infrastructure, the Presidential Office, the Ukravtoprom Association, the EV-UA Association, the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture, Ukrpromzovnishekspertyza, Eurocar, Electron, Ukravtoprom, Bohdan Motors and representatives of other businesses and the public.
"Together with professionals and business, we are working on a strategy for the development of the automotive industry. One of the key points that this document must cover is the creation of appropriate conditions for increasing the share of electric cars and their domestic production. The strategy must take into account the interests of all stakeholders, from businesses and citizens to the state. And the state, in turn, must offer opportunities for affordable financing and lending for the purchase of domestic cars by Ukrainians in the future. Today we presented a draft Strategy, which we want to jointly finalize and offer for public discussion in November," said Vladyslav Kryklii.
According to him, the Strategy should also take into account the promotion of both private and public electric transport. In this regard, the Ministry of Infrastructure is actively preparing for the implementation next year of the second phase of a joint project with the EIB "Ukraine Urban Public Transport II", which provides for the purchase of only electric transport to upgrade public transport fleets in Ukrainian cities. Meanwhile, with the participation of business and the public, the Ministry continues to work on the development of a separate concept for the development of electric mobility in Ukraine.
The participants of the Working Group got acquainted with the presentation of the draft Automotive Strategy, which provides, in particular for the following:
- adoption of bills №3476 and №3477 on the development of electric vehicles, which offer fiscal incentives for the production in Ukraine of electric cars, charge stations and their components;
- resumption/introduction of a qualitatively new special customs, tax and other regimes of economic activity, which would operate on the territory of special economic zones;
- adoption of bills №3724 and №3725, which introduce effective fiscal incentives for business initiators, management companies and participants in industrial parks;
- adoption of the bill №3739, which legally provides for public procurement of domestic vehicles;
- compliance with new environmental standards not lower than "Euro-5".