One of the activities of the Ministry for Strategic Industries of Ukraine is the development of domestic aircraft construction. To this end, the Strategy for the revival of domestic aircraft construction was updated and the terms of its implementation were extended until 2030.
Currently, planned work is underway to prepare for the approval of the draft State Targeted Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of the Aviation Industry for 2021-2030 (Program - 2030). The following stages have already been completed:
- the Concept of the State Targeted Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of the Aviation Industry for 2021-2030 approved;
- in January 2021, by order of the Ministry for Strategic Industries, the state customer, head and developer of the Program - 2030 determined;
- in February 2021, the draft Program - 2030 publicly discussed and directed to the central executive authorities. The received comments and offers processed and considered in the draft document;
- in June 2021 the conclusion of scientific and technical examination on the draft Program - 2030 received;
- during June 2021, the Ministry of Digital Transformation, the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Finance provided positive conclusions on the draft State Targeted Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of the Aviation Industry for 2021-2030;
- in July 2021, by the order of the Ministry for Strategic Industries, the Methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of the Program - 2030 was approved;
- prepared and submitted for legal examination to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine a draft resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On approval of the State Targeted Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of the Aviation Industry for 2021 - 2030".
On condition of the implementation of the Program - 2030 in full by 2030 there should be provided the volume of aircraft production totaling more than UAH 200 billion, as a result, the budgets of different levels will be directed UAH 60-65 billion, saved at least 60,000 and created about 8,000 new jobs, achieved an increase in wages in the industry in 2-3 times.
In general, the goal of the 2030 Program is to promote the creation of a competitive, integrated into the global aviation industry, complex aircraft construction industry, capable of meeting the needs of the state in modern aviation equipment, as well as to ensure its export to foreign markets.