According to the preliminary data for the 6 months of 2021, UAH 26.3 billion was spent on the fight against COVID-19. It is UAH 6.8 billion more than at the beginning of June. In particular, funds were spent for the following purposes:
- payment to health care institutions for services provided for inpatient medical care and vaccination of the population under the program of medical guarantees - UAH 9.8 billion;
- to purchase COVID-19 vaccines - UAH 9.3 billion;
- to purchase the goods and services to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (except for vaccines) - UAH 1.8 billion, including UAH 1.4 billion from local budgets;
- payment to institutions of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine for services on hospitalization of patients with COVID-19 - UAH 15.5 million;
- subventions to provide hospitals with oxygen - UAH 0.6 billion;
- measures for social support of the population in quarantine conditions - UAH 2.9 billion;
- payment of financial security in connection with a temporary disability - UAH 0.8 billion;
- payment of unemployment benefits - UAH 1.1 billion;
- implement measures to fight COVID-19 in educational institutions - UAH 15.1 million.
More than UAH 36 billion was provided for the fight against COVID-19 in 2021, of which:
- UAH17.5 billion as part of the program of medical guarantees was provided, including UAH 11.8 billion for inpatient medical care and UAH 1.5 billion to pay for the services of medical institutions for vaccination;
- UAH 10.5 billion of state budget funds for the purchase of 38 million doses of vaccines in 2021;
- UAH 0.75 billion of subventions was allocated to provide hospitals with oxygen in 2021;
- UAH 0.3 billion was allocated for additional payments to medical workers' salaries;
- UAH 55 million was received by the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine to provide the institutions designated for hospitalization of patients with COVID-19;
- UAH 3.8 billion (UAH 2.0 billion of the special fund, UAH 1.8 billion of the general fund) was allocated to the Ministry of Social Policy for payment of one-time financial assistance and material aid in connection with a temporary disability;
- UAH 1.1 billion (UAH 0.7 billion special funds, UAH 0.4 billion general funds) was allocated to the Ministry of Economy for payment of unemployment benefits;
- UAH 0.8 billion to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for payment of additional payments to the salaries of the National Guard and State Border Guard, the bodies and units of civil protection, police, medical and other employees of departmental health care institutions;
- UAH 1 billion was spent to implement measures to combat COVID-19 in educational institutions.
The Ministry of Finance urges all administrators of funds to use COVID-19 funds most efficiently to ensure that all patients can receive timely and quality medical care during the pandemic.
As of the end of June 2021, 37.3 million doses of vaccines have been contracted at the expense of the state budget, in particular:
- 20 million doses of vaccines by Pfizer.
- 10 million doses of vaccines by Novavax,
- 5.3 million doses of vaccines by Sinovac Biotech;
- 2 million doses of vaccines from AstraZeneca.
1.9 million doses of vaccines by Sinovac Biotech (China) were purchased using the 2020 budget.
5.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were delivered to Ukraine during the 6 months of 2021 - 1.9 million doses of vaccines by Sinovac Biotech, 1.6 million doses by AstraZeneca, and 1.6 million doses by Pfizer-BioNTech.