The Government has approved a draft law implementing a single account for the payment of taxes and fees as well as the single social tax.
What’s it about?
The introduction of a single account for the payment of all taxes and fees including the single social tax is in line with the anti-corruption law No. 1797 which was prepared jointly with business, MPs and civil experts and adopted by the Parliament last year. Following this draft law, any taxpayer would be entitled to open a single account at the State Treasury Office at her/his discretion to use it for the transfer of all taxes and fees as well as the single social tax. Taxpayers would be able to pay the income tax, corporate profit tax, rent fee, environmental tax and other taxes and fees set by the Tax Code as well as the single social tax. The only exceptions would be VAT and the excise tax on fuel sales. According to the Tax Code, these two taxes are administered electronically via dedicated systems.Taxpayers will be able to open their single account via their electronic office which makes it significantly easier to pay taxes, fees and the single social tax.
What are the benefits?
- Simpler procedures for tax calculation, significant reduction of costs and time consumption;
- Lower number of wrong payments or excessive payments by taxpayers;
- No misunderstandings related to the change of account numbers for tax payments, since the electronic office of a taxpayer will contain correct account data;
- Easier conditions for making business and establishing contacts between business and supervising authorities;
- Higher transparency and trust of taxpayers towards state authorities.