During its session today, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the Action Plan for 2021-2022 on the implementation of the first stage of the Strategy for the development of physical culture and sports for the period up to 2028. This was announced by the Minister of Youth and Sports Vadym Huttsait.
"We embark on the implementation of the approved Strategy. We are planning to increase the number of people who play not only professional sports, but also mass sports. After all, we understand that physical activity implies, first of all, good health," said the Minister.
In particular, the following activities are planned:
1. Creating an online platform to ensure interaction, holding of sessions and meetings, exchange of ideas and technologies between Government, business and scientists in order to increase the level of involvement of the population in health-improving physical activity.
2. In order to further promote physical activity, it is planned to place social advertising on television, social media pages with the involvement of leading athletes as headliners of a healthy lifestyle.
3. Development of a set of indicators and a monitoring mechanism for the level of involvement of the population in physical culture and sports.
4. Promoting the creation of a fund for the development of sports and physical activity to improve the material and technical base, the promotion of health physical activity, the filling of which will be carried out at the expense of legal entities and individuals and other sources.
5. Introduction of a pilot project "Money accompanies the service" in the system of mass sports and health fitness.
6. Carrying out public sports actions for active family rest in places of public entertainment.
7. Arrangement of safe routes for hiking, biking, water tourism with the participation of local governments and businesses.
8. Ensuring medical and pedagogical control over the physical education of children in preschool and general secondary education institutions.
9. Implementation of recommendations by doctors, in particular family doctors, on the appointment of physical activity as an effective means of reducing the risk of disease.
10. Improving the quality of sports medicine.
11. Increasing the level of autonomy of sports federations.
12. Implementation of international standards in the field of anti-doping in sports and introduction of constant monitoring.