The State Border Guard Service of Ukraine strictly adheres to the requirements of the legislation of Ukraine on border issues, as well as the restrictions introduced by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
It should be recalled that according to the Government's decision as of August 28, a number of restrictions apply at the border in accordance with the amendments to Resolution № 641 of July 22, 2020, which establishes quarantine and intensified anti-epidemic measures.
The key provisions have tightened restrictions on the entry of foreigners into Ukraine until September 28 this year.
At the same time, a rather exhaustive list of exceptions has been shaped, according to which foreigners can enter into the territory of Ukraine. We advise travellers to read this list in detail.
We would like to dwell on that if a foreign citizen falls under such exceptions, he/she should give documentary evidence. Therefore, when crossing the border, in addition to the appropriate passport documents, as well as an insurance policy covering the costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, foreigners must provide documents confirming the purpose of the trip to Ukraine.
The EXISTENCE OF REASONS allowing entry of foreigners on the territory of our State is CHECKED EXCLUSIVELY at BORDER CROSSING CHECKPOINTS.
Once again, it should be emphasized the EXCEPTIONS AND INDICATIVE DOCUMENTS that can be considered by border guards to confirm the purpose of travel.
- first degree relatives of citizens of Ukraine should have marriage or birth certificates certificate/ other documents confirming family ties. It should be noted that in accordance with the law, a person has the legal status of a child until he or she reaches the age of 18;
- those arriving in Ukraine to study - an invitation from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, or a certificate of temporary residence in Ukraine or a visa type "D";
- those serving in the Armed Forces; - documents confirming military service in the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- those having a temporary or permanent residency permit for Ukraine- a certificate of permanent residence or a certificate of temporary residence in Ukraine;
- those recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection - a refugee travel document or a refugee identity card;
- those having a work permit for foreigners and stateless persons;
- staff members of foreign diplomatic or consular missions, official international missions accredited in Ukraine and their family members - documents confirming such status (relevant certificate, accreditation card);
- heads or members of foreign official delegations, staff members of international organizations and their accompanying persons entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President, Verkhovna Rada, Cabinet of Ministers, Office of the President, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine - documents confirming such status / relevant invitation;
- those arriving in Ukraine at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine - a corresponding invitation;
- military instructors of the armed forces of NATO and NATO "Partnership for Peace" program member states, who are providing training for the Armed Forces of Ukraine or are arriving at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense - documents confirming such status/invitation;
- cultural figures arriving at the invitation of cultural institutions as well as one accompanying person for each of them - an invitation from a cultural institution, documents confirming the status of an accompanying person;
- athletes arriving in Ukraine to compete in official sporting events, as well as their accompanying persons - documents confirming the person's participation in official sports competitions and invitations from the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Ukraine, documents confirming the status of accompanying person;
- technical specialists arriving in Ukraine at the invitation of Ukrainian enterprises- invitations from representatives of Ukrainian enterprises with mandatory indication of the need for such technical specialists;
- those transporting hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation - supporting documents from the Ministry of Health of Ukraine or from the health care institution of Ukraine;
- those arriving for treatment at healthcare facilities of Ukraine - supporting documents from the health care institution of Ukraine / relevant invitation.
In some cases, a decision allowing entry of foreigners and stateless persons on humanitarian grounds, including cases of need for care, serious or chronic illness, death of relatives, observance of the principle of family unity, and in cases where there are all grounds to consider that the situation requires an immediate border crossing can be taken.
It should be also stressed that the decision of the Government allowing foreigners transit through the territory of Ukraine within two days is canceled.