Today, on November 20, at its session the Government has approved 16 documents in the field of European integration.
In particular, the Government amended the Action Plan on the Implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine and the European Union. The updated Action Plan takes into account the deepening of the EU-Ukraine bilateral relations and aims at fulfilling the objectives of the Government's Action Program, in particular, the achieving by Ukraine of the main criteria necessary for membership of the European Union. It updates and supplements the objectives in line with EU legislation in the following areas: customs and financial policy, taxation, entrepreneurship, financial services and competition; justice, social and humanitarian issues; transport; energy and energy efficiency; digital sphere, science, technology and innovation; nature management and others.
The Government has also approved a number of regulations to sign additional agreements between the Government of Ukraine and the European Commission amending the financing agreements for certain programs. In particular, the support for justice reform in Ukraine (a program of free legal assistance for citizens), the establishment of new effective centers for administrative services provision (CASPs), the managing of migration processes and granting asylum, the continuation of a comprehensive public administration reform.
In addition, the Government has agreed a bill "On Accedence to the Agreement on the Development of Multimodal Transport TRACECA". Joining this international transport program will allow to facilitate the development of multimodal transport and the intensification of the transit of goods between Ukraine and the EU.
The approved bill on the customs tariff of Ukraine provides for simplification of the procedure of customs clearance of goods and adaptation of the statistical system of Ukraine to international standards.
The package of approved documents includes the implementation of a pilot project to create a Regional Development Agency "Office of European Integration" in Kherson region. The Agency will be responsible for the development of cultural and educational projects, business contacts, economics and infrastructure, at the account of investment and financial assistance of the EU. Apart from that, the pilot project places an emphasis on the regionalization of European integration, which will allow to direct additional resources into the regions and for the communities so that the residents of the regions could feel the benefits from Ukraine’s EU integration course. Following the implementation of the pilot project in Kherson region, the initiative will be extended to all regions of Ukraine through 2020-2024.
The Government, together with the EU, is helping to solve the socio-economic problems of 5.9 million Ukrainians living in the Ukrainian part of the Danube Region. To this end, the Government has decided to introduce a national system for managing and monitoring the implementation of the Financing Agreement for the Danube Transnational Program. The implementation of the normative act is aimed at achieving the goals of state policy, which are enshrined in the Action Program of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. That is: Ukrainians use natural resources more efficiently and economically; Ukrainians live in comfortable cities and villages; Ukrainians residing in depressed regions have ample opportunity for development.
In addition, the Government has approved an Action Plan for 2020-2022 for the Implementation of the Integrated Border Management Strategy for the period up to 2025 and amended some legislation on facilities of increased danger.
Moreover, the Government has endorsed the Regulations on the competitive selection of scientific, scientific and technical works funded by the European Union to fulfill Ukraine's commitments under the EU's Framework Program for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020, and adopted other important decisions in this sector. Pursuant to the document, clear, uniform and comprehensive requirements for the participants of the competitive selection will be established and the procedure for providing funding within the competitive selection process will be determined. The normative act is aimed at achieving goal 1.5. "Ukrainian scientists have the proper conditions for research and are integrated into the world scientific space" contained in the Cabinet of Ministers' Action Program.
At its meeting the Government has approved the following documents in the sector of European integration:
1. Order "On Amendments to the Plan of Measures for the Implementation of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, of the one part, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, of the other part".
2.Draft Law of Ukraine "On Accession to the TRACECA Multimodal Transportation Development Agreement".
3. Draft Law of Ukraine "On multimodal transportations".
4. Order "On the signing of Supplementary Agreement No. 2 in the form of an exchange of letters between the Government of Ukraine and the European Union, represented by the European Commission, to the Financing Agreement for the Justice Support Program for Ukraine" (ENPI / 2010/021849).
5. Order "On the signing of Supplementary Agreement No. 2 between the Government of Ukraine and the European Commission, acting on behalf of the European Union, amending the Financing Agreement "U-LEAD with Europe: Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Program for Ukraine" (ENI / 2015 / 038-739).
6. Order "On the signing of Supplementary Agreement No 2 between the Government of Ukraine and the European Commission, acting on behalf of the European Union, amending the Financing Agreement for the Program "Support on Migration and Asylum Management in Ukraine" (ENPI / 2012 / 023- 684).
7. Order "On the signing of Supplementary Agreement No. 2 between the Government of Ukraine and the European Commission, acting on behalf of the European Union, amending the Financing Agreement for the Program "Support to Comprehensive Reform of Public Administration in Ukraine" (ENI / 2016 / 039-569).
8. Draft Law of Ukraine "On the Customs Tariff of Ukraine".
9. Order "On the Implementation of a Pilot Project for the Establishment of the Regional Development Agency "Office of European Integration".
10. Resolution "On the Introduction of a National Management and Control System in the process of Implementation of the Financing Agreement for the Danube Transnational Program" (Interreg V-B Danube - CCI 2014TC16M6TN001).
11. Order "On the Approval of an Action Plan for 2020-2022 on Implementation of the Integrated Border Management Strategy for the period up to 2025".
12. Draft Law of Ukraine "On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts on the Facilities of Increased Danger".
13. Resolution "On the Approval of the Regulations on The Competitive Selection of Scientific, Scientific and Technical Works Financed through an External Aid Instrument of the European Union to Fulfill Ukraine's Commitments in the Framework Program".
14. Order "On the Approval of the Draft Memorandum of Understanding between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development regarding the Joint Implementation of the Trans-European Transport Network Development Project".
15. Resolution "On the Amendments to the Resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 7, 1992 No. 731 and of July 18, 2007 No. 950" (on Improving the Procedure for Monitoring and Controlling State Aid to Business Entities, and Preventing the Provision of Illegal State Aid).
16. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On the Approval of the Technical Regulation on Requirements to Ecodesign for Indoor Heaters and Combined Heaters".