Minister of Energy of Ukraine German Galushchenko thanked Germany and the German people for their assistance to the Ukrainian energy sector and noted the importance and strength of the Ukrainian-German partnership.
The topics discussed included:
- the consequences of the russian shelling of energy infrastructure and Ukraine’s solutions that helped to keep the energy system integral;
- decentralisation of the energy system is a crucial task in preparation for the next heating season, and Ukraine needs the necessary equipment inventory to speed up repairs;
- Ukraine has the potential to resume electricity exports and offers its gas storage facilities to Europe;
- the war will accelerate Ukraine’s energy transition;
- the importance of continuing sanctions against russia and extending them to the nuclear industry.