The COVID-19 Response Fund to combat acute respiratory disease COVID-19 was established in accordance with the amendments to the State Budget for 2020. The resource of the Fund is UAH 64.7 billion.
As of June 15, 2020, the Government adopted decisions (including protocol decisions) on the allocation of UAH 36.1 billion from the COVID-19 Response Fund: in accordance with Government resolutions, UAH 18.7 billion was allocated, protocol decisions provide for the possibility of allocating another UAH 17.4 billion from the Fund.
The funding can be directed to the following:
• Measures to prevent the occurrence and spread, localization and elimination of outbreaks, epidemics and pandemics of COVID-19;
• Additional salary supplements for medical and other employees who are directly involved in the elimination of the infection;
• Provision of financial assistance to citizens, in particular the elderly, in connection with the negative consequences of the spread of coronavirus infection;
• Providing a transfer to the Pension Fund of Ukraine;
• Provision of financial assistance to the Social Insurance Fund and the Compulsory State Social Insurance Fund in case of unemployment;
• Other areas provided by law.
As of June 15, the sum worth UAH 1.8 billion of the Fund was actually used.
Detailed information on the areas of use of funds and cash expenditures as of June 15, 2020 is provided in the infographic.
On June 17, at a meeting of the Government, the Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal instructed the Ministry of Finance to strengthen control over the efficient use of COVID-19 Response Fund resource to prevent the misuse of funds or abuse. The Ministry of Finance will report weekly on the use of the resource from the Fund.